- ONE TOUCH BREWING AND FROTHING: Bean-to-cup feature with automatic milk frothing for cappuccinos, macchiatos and lattes. Power Cord Length : 48 inches
- PROGRAMMABLE: Programmable brewing options for lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and espresso;Steam Wand: Cappuccinatore
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: 3 different temperature settings. Min/177.5 °F, Med/182.9 °F, Max/184.5 °F
- EASY ACCESS TO WATER RESERVOIR AND BEAN HOPPER: Features a removable 60 oz water reservoir that can be accessed on the top left of the machine, and an 8.8 ounce capacity bean hopper with access from the top right of the machine
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: Hassle free 2 year warranty handled by Gaggia USA directly. For Gaggia USA's call center, call 888-389-4123.
The Coffee Maven Conclusion
With true one-touch brewing and myriad options for full customization, this impressively compact and slick-looking super-automatic espresso machine from Gaggia is truly deserving of its best-in-class status among the three models in Gaggia’s Anima series.
The Coffee Maven Rating: 8.9/10
- Design & Performance: 9.1
- Appearance: 9.2
- Durability: 8.5
- Quality of Coffee: 9.0
- Ease of Cleaning: 8.7
Gaggia Anima Prestige Review: Product Images
- Integrated grinder: flat ceramic grinder with 5 grind size settings and bypass
- Bean hopper: 8.8 oz capacity
- Water reservoir: 60 oz removable with water filter compatibility
- Brew sizes: espresso and lungo buttons, which can be programmed for custom size
- Specialty beverage buttons: additional buttons for cappuccino and latte
- Adjustable exit valves: accommodates cups or mugs up to 6″ tall
- Dose size selector: 6.5g-11.5g
- Temperature control: 177.5°F, 182.9°F, 184.5°F
- Auto-Off: 15 min – 3 hours
- Spent puck drawer: holds up to 15 pucks
- Frother: automatic frother with attached milk carafe
- Drip tray: removable with 24 oz capacity and full tray indicator button
- Removable brew group (internal assembly) for easy cleaning
- Low-energy standby mode after 1 hour of idle time
- Digital display
- Stainless steel paneling on front with plastic body
- 2 year warranty
Design & Performance: 9.1
The Gaggia Anima Prestige is the best of three models in the Anima series:
While that makes it the most expensive of the three, it also makes it the best of the three.
Its compact design makes it user-friendly in the kitchen, the built-in automatic frother makes steaming milk a cinch, the myriad combinations of extraction parameters gives you a fully customized shot, the self-cleaning cycle takes most of the worry out of routine maintenance, and the straightforward menu display diffuses any frustration you may have toggling between options.
Most of the Gaggia Anima Prestige is made of plastic, but the exterior does have stainless steel paneling. Aesthetics and appearance are highly subjective, but I think the Gaggia Anima Prestige is an attractive machine.
With proper cleaning and maintenance, the Gaggia Anima Prestige will hold up for at least a few years. Should anything happen Gaggia backs it up with a 2 year warranty.
Quality of Coffee: 9.0
My main complaint with the base model Gaggia Anima was that espresso shots just seemed weak.
That isn’t a problem with the Anima Prestige.
Choose between 5 grind size settings, 5 dose sizes, 3 water temperatures, and the volume you like to pull an espresso shot make exactly for you. Add in the customizable frothing settings, and you’re left with a great cup of pretty much anything!
Ease of Cleaning: 8.7
After every brew the Gaggia Anima Prestige will give you a button to press to initiate the automatic cleaning cycle.
This feature is great because the automatic cleaning cycle does everything you need.
It’s also terrible because you only have a 10 second window to initiate the cycle. If you miss the window, you have to wait until your next brew.
Otherwise, all of the typical stuff applies with this machine:
- Wipe it down regularly
- Monitor the drip tray for overflow
- Empty the puck compartment
- Soak the frother nozzle
- Descale every 2-3 months
You also need to regularly remove and the clean the brew group, which can be accessed through the right-side panel. The brew group detaches easily and can be rinsed/wiped in just a few seconds, but please don’t skip this step. You’re investing in this espresso machine. Treat it right!
One-touch brewing, even for cappuccinos and lattes
The right side of the control panel features buttons for “Cappuccino” and “Latte Macchiato.”
Press the one you want and stand back.
The built-in frother will steam your milk properly and automatically dispense it into your cup. Then the machine pulls your shot and extracts it into the same glass. No additional button-pushing required.
No more struggling with rear-sitting water reservoirs. The Gaggia Anima Prestige’s 60 oz water reservoir is decent in volume and can easily be removed, refilled and replaced from a panel on the top of the machine.
Next to the water reservoir is the bean hopper, which holds 8.8 oz of whole bean coffee.
What I like about this hopper/grinder:
- Easy access
- Easy to change grind size
- Pre-ground coffee bypass is right there
What I don’t like about this hopper/grinder:
- Doesn’t seal completely so beans are a little exposed to the elements
- 8.8 oz volume is only decent
- Doesn’t handle oily beans well, so be ready for frequent issues if you use them
See that yellow thing in the bean hopper with the black handle attached to it? That yellow thing is the top of the flat ceramic burr grinder, and the handle is the attachment that allows you to tune the grind size to one of five different settings.
Easily switch between 5 different dose sizes (6.5g-11.5g) or pre-ground coffee
The bottom-left-most button (where the finger is in the picture below) controls the dose size.
If you press that button you’ll see the image on the screen shown below, which has 5 coffee beans. Press the button to cycle through the 5 dose size settings. The sixth time you press it you’ll see an image of a coffee scoop, which you can see on the button. That’s for the pre-ground coffee bypass.
Super simple, super easy, works really well.
Easy to miss the post-brewing cleaning cycle
I mentioned this in the Ease of Cleaning section above, but it bears repeating: You only have 10 seconds after completion of your brew cycle to select the cleaning button.
Honestly, it’s totally OK to miss this occasionally. Just don’t make a habit of it.
- Dimensions: 8.7″W x 16.9″D x 13.4″H
- Weight: 16.0 lbs
- User Manual