Are you looking to build your online presence, develop new relationships, or just share your coffee knowledge?
Then submit a guest post to us at The Coffee Maven!
We’re always on the lookout for new and great coffee content.
Please read through the following Guest Post Guidelines before submitting anything.
Guest Post Guidelines
Please make sure your submission adheres to the following guidelines:
- Must be at least 800 words in length
- Must be 100% unique content not found anywhere else on the Internet
- Require one (1) external link to a reputable site (e.g. NYTimes.com or HuffingtonPost.com but doesn’t have to be a news publication)
- Maximum of two (2) external links to your site
- No external links with affiliate tags
- All images should be licensed as free to use or share
- I reserve the right to edit content or format to conform to The Coffee Maven’s style standards
The Coffee Maven reserves the right to create customized featured images for your content, but you may also create these yourself. Every article gets a 300px x 600px vertical image and a 1024px x 512px horizontal image.
Tips to Maximize Your Chance of Being Accepted
Aside from the required dos and don’ts above, you have the freedom to write your guest post however you’d like. In order to maximize your chance of having your post accepted, consider the following suggestions:
- Use plenty of headers (e.g. H2 or H3 tags) to break up major ideas in your content
- Use bulleted or numbered lists where possible
- Don’t use a lot of worthless filler words to reach the 800 word minimum; make your words count!
- Use plenty of images
- Do your research and sound like an expert on your subject
- Inject your personality into your post
- Find relevant posts on The Coffee Maven and link to them where possible
Guest Post Topics
We are open to any topics related to coffee! But the following are just some possibilities:
- Coffee machines
- Espresso machines
- Coffee beans
- Coffee accessories
- Informational articles, such as how-tos or nutrition
- Fun articles, such as your favorite coffee mugs or coffee shops
You might have some questions. Here are the most common ones:
Q. How likely is my submission to be accepted?
A. If you follow the guidelines and tips above, very likely.
Q. How long until I know if my submission is accepted?
A. We’ll reply to your submission pretty quickly, generally within 12-24 hours (and often much sooner). It might take us a day or two to read the submission and provide some feedback. If we request any minor changes or revisions you can take some time to do those. Really, if you’ve read the guidelines and tips above and have crafted a well-written post, you could be up and running in just a couple days.
Q. Can I email you with a proposed subject before writing a full post?
A. Yes, we encourage this.
Q. How do I submit my guest post?
A. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a file with your content. We accept .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, and many other file formats. If we have issues opening your file, we’ll let you know. You may either embed your images in the post or attach them separately. Note that if you attach them separately, you must tell us which images go where!
If you have any questions about The Coffee Maven’s Guest Posting Program, please email us.