Keurig is the leader in single serve coffee systems, selling over 11 million machines in 2015 alone.
Though most of those sales are from a dozen or so flagship models, there are many more models the company offers.
Actually, Keurig has produced over 50 different models since the company’s inception.
With so many different models it can be hard telling them all apart. Sometimes the differences are incredibly small.
One such example is the Keurig K200 vs K250.
If you’re deciding between these two models, then you’re in the right place.
Keurig K200 vs K250
First, let’s size these bad boys up side by side.
Can you tell the difference?
If you said yes, then you’re a liar. These models are the exact same machine.
Wait, how can that be true? How could Keurig possibly give the exact same machine two different model numbers.
The difference is in the accessories.
The Keurig K250 comes with 2 things the K200 doesn’t:
- 1 extra charcoal filer (total of 2)
- Descaling solution
They’re the Same Machine, So What Are Their Features?
Glad you asked. Here are some specifications:
Comments About the Keurig K200 and K250
There are a couple notable things about the K200 and K250.
Second, the 40 oz water reservoir is merely mediocre by Keurig’s standards and represents five 8-oz servings. Similar models have much larger water reservoirs:
- K300 series has a 60 oz reservoir
- K400 series has a 70 oz reservoir
- K500 series has an 80 oz reservoir
Related Side-by-Side Showdowns
Is the Keurig K200 Right for You?
Do the following describe you?
- Want the cheapest Keurig 2.0 brewer available
- Already have Brita, Purr or other water filter so you don’t need the water filter starter kit
- If you don’t have a Brita, Purr or other water filter, you don’t mind descaling more frequently
- You don’t mind refilling the 40 oz water reservoir more frequently
If so, the Keurig K200 is right for you.
Is the Keurig K250 Right for You?
The Keurig K250 comes with the water filter starter kit and descaling solution, making it ideal for people who:
- Want a cheap Keurig 2.0 brewer
- Don’t have a separate water filter and wish to buy a Keurig that includes one