No other company in the niche makes machines with the same durability and reliability as Nespresso, and their coffee is the best in the capsule universe.
Don’t believe me?
Check out our Nespresso vs Keurig comparison for further proof.
If you’ve settled on Nespresso as your company of choice (good decision by the way), the next question becomes this:
In this article I’ll compare 2 of the 3 different VertuoLine models:
- Nespresso VertuoLine
- Nespresso Evoluo
What are the similarities and differences between these machines?
And which should you choose?
Welcome to The Coffee Maven’s Nespresso VertuoLine vs Evoluo showdown.
Nespresso VertuoLine vs Evoluo: The Comparison
Nespresso VertuoLine vs Evoluo: The Differences
First, a few similarities.
Both models are part of the Nespresso VertuoLine series, which features 3 different machines with 2nd generation technology. This means they differ from original Nespresso machines (dubbed “OriginalLine” models) in a 4 key ways:
- Capsule Scanning Technology: VertuoLine capsules have a barcode around their edge
- Brew 17 oz Long Coffees: OriginalLine machines maxes out at 5 oz lungo beverages
- 3 Capsule Sizes: Capsules come in 3 different sizes for espresso, lungo and long coffees
- Centrifusion: VertuoLine models don’t have a pump; instead, they utilize Centrifusion (or “rapid pod spinning”) for extraction
You can read more about the differences between Nespresso VertuoLine and OriginalLine machines in our comparison guide.
Now, the differences. There are only 3:
- Water Reservoir: Evoluo has a 54 oz water reservoir, 26% bigger than the VertuoLine’s
- Machine Size: Evoluo is a little larger and a touch heavier
- Power: Evoluo has a 1600W heating element versus 1350W from the VertuoLine
So, which one is right for you?
Is the VertuoLine or Evoluo Right for You?
Let’s get down to brass tacks: Which of these machines is right for you?
Choose the Nespresso VertuoLine if any of the following are true:
- It’s cheaper than the Evoluo,
- You want a slightly smaller machine, or
- You want to save energy with the less powerful heating element.
Otherwise, choose the Nespresso Evoluo. Though it’s discontinued, it is the superior model and still can be found on marketplaces such as Amazon.
Which Model Is Right for You?
Did you know there are 17 different Nespresso machines?
Do you know the differences between each?
Read our Complete Guide to all 17 models with technical specs, user manuals and more.
Know what you’re buying and you’ll have no remorse!