I know why you’re here.
- You want quality espresso without going to an expensive coffee shop, and
- You don’t want to pay hundreds (or thousands!) of dollars for it.
I feel your pain.
I’m writing this at a coffee shop near me and just paid over $5 for a medium sized latte. If I got one of these every day it would cost me $150 per month and $1,825 per year!
All 5 of the espresso machines below cost under $100, which means they pay for themselves with just 3 weeks of daily use.
For each model I’ve touched on a few key elements:
- Overview of the model
- What I like about it (pros)
- What I don’t like about it (cons)
- Who would be interested in that specific machine, given its strengths and weaknesses
Look, you’re not going to find any fancy super-automatic machines in this price range.
And you know what? That’s OK!
You can make damn good espresso for a fraction of the price of those do-it-all models.