Picking a gift for someone can be difficult — and stressful!
It’s no wonder so many people work themselves into a tizzy about it and wait until the last minute (myself included).
To give you a hand with your coffee loving friends, family members and acquaintances, I’ve drawn up a list of the 10 best gift ideas for coffee lovers. These are gifts I would love to receive as a coffee lover myself.
I’ve included a range of ideas from different price points, so there should be something in here for everyone!
1. Coffee Syrups Variety Pack
This is definitely one of the simpler gifts on this list but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t make a big difference to someone’s cup of Joe in the morning.
Now I’m more a sweet tooth when it comes to coffee. I haven’t been drinking it long enough to appreciate all the subtle flavors that come out naturally from the coffee beans.
(Or at least that’s what I’ve been telling myself, I’m probably just not manly enough.)
So I enjoy adding something a little different to my morning latte every now and then.
Considering how popular coffee syrups have become over the past few years, I’d imagine your coffee loving friends will be able to appreciate this treat just as much as I would.
There are loads of different brands to choose from, but Torani and Monin are the industry leaders. The Torani variety pack shown above has 6 great flavors to enhance your cup:
- Brown Sugar & Cinnamon
- French Vanilla
- Pumpkin Spice
I’ve tried the Caramel syrup myself and I have to say it completely changed the taste of my homemade iced lattes. Don’t believe me? Check out this great Caramel Brulee Latte recipe!
Why syrup over plain ol’ sugar?
Serious coffee shops have been serving up simple syrup for ages because regular sugar doesn’t dissolve quite as well in an iced drink as it does in a hot drink. You get a little bit of taste but nothing much more than that.
Syrups completely change that. They balance perfectly with the coffee and milk to make for a great experience.
For those reading a holiday gift giving guide, it may be a little late to enjoy an iced latte. But that doesn’t mean your friends won’t enjoy these syrups. The following Torani Variety Pack actually is winter themed to make coffee drinks that could be pleasantly enjoyed on a cold autumn’s day with a hot cup of coffee to get them in that fall mood. You can also enjoy flavors like french vanilla year-round!
- Made in South San Francisco, CA
- Flavors Include: Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Gingerbread, Caramel Classic, Italian Eggnog, Pumpkin Spice, French Vanilla
- Syrup for flavoring coffee/espresso drinks, Italian sodas, lemonade, iced tea, and cocktails
- Great variety pack of Winter flavors
Even the most avid of coffee drinkers can get a little bored with the same old coffee each day, so why not add a little (gingerbread) spice to their life?
2. Espresso Machine
This gift may be more suited to your closest friends and family, but there’s no doubt that any real coffee lover would love their own espresso machine.
(And to be honest, some are relatively inexpensive.)
It would make them feel like they’ve got their own little coffee shop at home!
Don’t know anything about espresso? Check out our Espresso Central.
- Best Espresso Machine Under $100
- Best Espresso Machine Under $200
- Best Espresso Machine Under $300
- Best Espresso Machine Under $1000
Give the gift of more control, allowing your coffee lover to make a much better tasting coffee than with any other brewing method.
Don’t want to spend a week’s salary on a gift? Here’s an affordable espresso machine you can find on Amazon: De’Longhi’s Traditional Pump Espresso Machine EC146.B.
- Italian, German, French, English, Spanish
With it you get all the basic features needed to make a pretty good cup of coffee. It has a built-in tamp to make sure the grounds are packed properly, a reasonably sized water tank, and an adjustable milk steamer to make lattes and cappuccinos.
Overall this is a really nifty machine, and it’s quite small so should be able to fit very nicely in the kitchen.
There are many other espresso machines to choose from in every price range, but if your friend is new to espresso then this is the one I would go for!
3. Custom Tampers
Sticking with espresso gifts, a custom tamper would be a great present.
Now it isn’t as simple as picking out any old random one. Actually there are a few things to consider first:
If they really are a coffee geek then they’ll know what kind of tamper they like. It may take a little more work to find this out but that just means they’ll appreciate the gift that much more.
- Suitable for tamping fresh ground espresso before brewing
- Material: Stainless steel (external), Iron (internal)
- Base diameter:51mm Height:80mm ;Weight: about 570g
- Included: 1 x Coffee Tamper
This present is more for the outdoorsy members of your family.
The MiniPresso, as the name suggests, is a small, portable espresso machine that fits very easily inside a rucksack, making it perfect for things like camping and backpacking.
It’s pretty easy to use once you become familiar with all its parts. Pretty much all you do is put your coffee grounds in the filter at one side, put the hot water in at the other side and squeeze it through using the hand pump.
It might not be able to produce grade-A coffee, but it’s definitely better than that instant rubbish most people bring.
- Compact and featherweight: small, light and versatile handheld espresso machine with an innovative design and powerful extraction pressure for a rich and bold espresso. Comes equipped with built in espresso cup and scoop
- Grind your own beans to and get more control over your coffee preparation, resulting in a quality espresso shot that will please even the most sophisticated coffee aficionado ld espresso
- You can use any variety of coffee bean/roast, granting flexibility to try new flavors
- Efficient and easy to use semi-automatic piston that controls the amount of extracted coffee
- Does not require compressed air or N2O cartridges to function and is hand operated so that you can prepare your coffee drinks even when there's no electricity
Now you’ll most likely hear people compare this to an AeroPress, which is fair enough since both are pretty similar, but with the ease of use and lack of extra parts I would definitely prefer to have the MiniPresso with me on my travels – and I’m sure your family member will too.
This invention really makes brewing your morning coffee so much easier and can be used by absolutely anyone.
The Incred-A-Brew coffee maker blew my mind when I first saw it, and I couldn’t believe I (or anyone else) had never thought of it before.
It’s just so simple: a little mug-shaped container with a coffee filter at the bottom.
How does it work?
- Put your coffee grounds in the top container with some hot water
- Wait 2-4 minutes for it to brew
- Place it on a mug for the coffee to be poured out the bottom
It’s as easy as that.
The secret is the pressure valve in the bottom, which seals the Incred-A-Brew shut until you place it on top of your mug.
It also has a removable strainer which makes sure the coffee grounds don’t make their way into you cup and comes with a drip tray to keep your countertop clean and free of liquids.
I don’t know about you but this would certainly make my Monday mornings a lot easier!
- Lift Incred 'A Brew and The Patented Valve Automatically Closes to Stop The Flow of Coffee
- Removable strainer (filter) prevents ground coffee from passing through the opening leaving no sediment in your cup
- Included Drip Tray Keeps Your Countertops or Your Table Clean and Liquid Free
- Constructed of BPA Free tritan copolyester
6. Cold Brew Coffee Maker
If you have a friend that loves coffee but hasn’t tried cold brewed coffee, then you need to be the one that opens their eyes!
Cold brew coffee is brewed using room temperature or cold water, which prevents extraction of the bitter, organic acids one normally gets with hot brewing.
The result is a flavorful, smooth cup of iced coffee.
I’ve done it myself and if I wasn’t so lazy, I’d make it all the time!
Even though there are many ways to do it, the easiest is using a proper cold brew coffee maker. It’s like a regular plastic bottle but with a special filter compartment in the inside which stores the coffee grounds.
All you do is add your coffee grounds to the filter compartment, add cold water to the bottle, put both parts together and wait 12-24 hours for the coffee to fully brew.
I know that’s a long time to wait for coffee, but you can make it in batches and it’s well worth the wait!
- SMOOTHER COFFEE, EVERY TIME - Cold brewing is 70% less acidic than hot brewing. And richer in taste. Our cold brewer extracts coffee concentrate which can be stored and mixed with an endless variety of beverages to create your own perfect, personal cup of joy
- LOCKS IN FRESHNESS AND FLAVOR FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS - Airtight seal. Easy-access handle. Engineered to perfectly fit within your fridge shelf. Experience refined craftsmanship you can always count on
- QUALITY YOU WON'T REGRET - 18/8 rust-free superfine dual-mesh, medical-grade stainless steel filter & cap. Extra-thick, lab-tested borosilicate glass. BPA-Free silicon airtight seal. Dishwasher safe. Professional home brewing has never been this easy: just mix and pour
- ICED AND HOT TEA COMPATIBLE - Great for loose-leaf tea. Or tea bags. Brew it hot like a traditional teapot, or brew it cold in the fridge. Take your brewing & hosting skills to the next level
- WE WANT YOU! TO BE HAPPY - Choose OVALWARE if you care about quality and customer service. We have great confidence in the quality of our products, and we have the best customer service here on Amazon - which is why we are offering you a Risk-Free purchase. In the unlikely event our product fails to meet or exceed your expectations, you may return our product within 90 DAYS post-purchase to receive a FULL refund
7. Novelty Mugs
The novelty mug is a timeless classic even if it really is so simple. If you get the message just right then it could start someone’s morning off with a laugh.
You also can get personalized mugs, but there are thousands of pre-designed novelty mugs to choose from on Amazon all on different topics. Literally, when I typed in “novelty mug” over 100,000 results came up!
(And speaking of novelty items, a pink coffee maker could be perfect for the person you know who loves evrything pink.)
- FUNNY COFFEE MUG: There Is More To This Mug Than Just A Funny Message. The Image Is Professionally Printed To Ensure It Will Last In The Microwave and Dishwasher. We Also Printed The Image On Both Sides To Make Sure Left-Handers Did Not Feel Left Out.
- COFFEE, TEA & HOT CHOCOLATE LOVERS: Enjoy Your Favorite Hot Beverage At Home Or Work In This Funny Coffee Mug. Perfect Size To Start Your Morning Off Right.
- FOR ANY OCCASION: Perfect For Birthdays, Holidays, Graduation Or Any Special Occasion Where A Smile Is Needed.
- A STYLE FOR EVERY PERSONALITY: Looking For A Present That They Will Actually Use And Appreciate? This Coffee Mug Is For You. Surprise Your Sister, Brother, Wife, Husband, Coworker, Boss, Boyfriend, Or Girlfriend. Each Mug Ships In A Full Color Box.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Purchase This Mug With Confidence Knowing This Official Funny Guy Mugs Creation Was Created To Last And Put A Smile On Your Face
8. Coffee Bean Shaped Ice Cube Tray
I thought this was awesome the moment I saw it.
A coffee bean shaped iced cube tray would be a great little side gift or stocking filler for your friend that loves an iced coffee and would also pair well with the coffee syrups I mentioned above!
- Regular ice dilutes flavorful cold coffee drinks; this tray can freeze coffee into little cubes, adding flavor while cubes melt
- The durable silicone tray is easy to use and easily ejects the frozen cubes
- Each tray makes up to 8 coffee-bean-shaped cubes
- Can also be used to freeze water, fruit juice, and fruit purees for a fun frozen ice variation
- Cleaning is a snap since the tray is dishwasher safe
9. Espresso Flavored Treats
Another classic. Treats are always a perfect gift to give co-workers around Christmas time.
I mean who doesn’t love chocolate?!
Enjoying these on a cold Christmas day with a warm cup of coffee while watching Christmas movies before heading off to meet the family for dinner will feel like heaven to any true coffee lover. It’s the one day of the year that they can fully pig out with anyone looking down on them, and you can be a part of it!
OK, you may only be a small part, but they’ll still be thinking of you which to me sounds totally worth it.
To find a box of yourself a box of Espresso Chocolates, click here.
10. USB Mug Warmer
I feel like I’ve saved the best for last, and I think it’s way cooler than the coffee bean shaped ice tray.
If you sit at a desk all day on a computer, then you know how annoying it is when your drink has been reduced to a lukewarm cup of swill (and I imagine you have friends that do, too). It’s not quite warm enough to be enjoyable, but not quite cold enough for you to stop drinking.
This graph sums it up perfectly.
I know it’s an annoying situation to be in and I feel I’ve found the perfect product to fix:
The USB Mug Warmer.
It connects right to your computer and keeps your coffee hot up to 140°F (60°C) for as long as you’d like, no matter how long you’ll be in the office.
To me this sounds like the perfect gift for someone who wants to enjoy their coffee past the first three sips.
Plus, it’s not a seasonal gift so it could be given to someone as a birthday present or even just something to cheer them up.
It’s certainly something I would love to get!
- Portable USB powered Mug heater (no batteries required)
- Keeps your coffee, tea or drink warm (up to 60 degrees Celsius or 140 degrees Fahrenheit)
- The heating element has a diameter of 3.12 inches (7.92 cm)
- (note: cannot be used to heat up beverages, just used to keep it warm)
There you go, my top 10 list of the best gift ideas for coffee lovers.
I hope it’s inspired some creativity in you to pick out the perfect gift!