Jamaican Coffee Beans

Region: Caribbean
Profile: Fruity, chocolate, creamy
Production: 2.8 million lbs (<0.1% global production)
Global Rank: 52
Varieties: 100% Arabica, 0% Robusta, 0% Liberica

Jamaican Coffee Overview

Jamaica doesn’t produce much coffee but they do produce one of the most coveted beans in the world: Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Grown in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica at 7,500 feet above sea level, this high-quality bean comes from the Caribbean’s tallest mountain range with a price tag to match. In recognition of how special this bean is, the Coffee Industry Regulation Act gives true Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee a globally-recognized certification to prevent forgeries.

Nearly 80% of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is exported to Japan with the rest of the world fighting over the remaining 20%. With low annual yields due to the region’s small size, demand is far higher than the supply.

Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is mild and smooth yet exceptionally vibrant with low bitterness and overpoweringly sweet and floral aromas.

See All 69 Coffee-Producing Countries →

Jamaican Coffee Beans: Detailed Review

Tour These Other Coffee Producing Countries

Search

About The Coffee Maven
bryan de luca
Bryan De Luca

I'm Bryan but most people know me as The Coffee Maven. I grew up outside Boston, Massachusetts and received my Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry from Providence College. My first introduction to coffee was during my college days, when I used it as a source of caffeine to fuel late-night study sessions, but soon I became obsessed with the chemistry of coffee. How did changes to water temperature or contact time affect its taste? Why do beans from Africa taste fruity while beans from Indonesia taste spicy? I launched The Coffee Maven in February 2017 to explore these questions and help others brew their perfect cup. Welcome to my site, and thanks for reading!