Keurig has over 50 different coffee maker models.
A lot of them are almost the same.
(Maybe 1 or 2 small differences.)
That’s not the case here.
The K55 and K250 are very different.
We highlight the 8 key differences between these two models. Do you know what they are?
This is The Coffee Maven’s Keurig K55 vs K250 Showdown.
Table of Contents
Keurig K55 vs K250: The Comparison
Keurig K55 vs K250: The Differences
These are both very different brewers. There are 8 key differences between them:
- Keurig Line: K55 is part of the Keurig 1.0 line, which means it’s compatible with all Keurig K-Cup pods; the K250 is part of the Keurig 2.0 line and only works with Keurig-licensed pods
- Brew Sizes: K55 brews a max size 10 oz coffee; the K250 brews up to 30 oz with a special K-carafe pod
- Water Reservoir: K55 has a slightly larger 48 oz reservoir
- Water Filter: K55 doesn’t come with a water filter; the K250 does
- Display: K55 has a simple button interface; the K250 has a black and white LCD display
- Auto-On: K55 has a timed Auto-On feature; the K250 doesn’t
- Strength Control: K250 adds this feature
- Dimensions & Weight: K250 is more compact and doesn’t weigh as much
Related Side-by-Side Showdowns
Which model is right for you?
Here’s the take-home message: The Keurig K55 is a more basic model that brews simple Keurig K-cups and doesn’t have the more advanced (but more restrictive) Keurig 2.0 pod scanning technology. The K250 is more advanced and has more functionality, including the ability to brew up to 30 oz carafe portions.
Note: The K250 doesn’t come with the carafe; it must be purchased separately.
Choose the K55 if you only care about pod coffee convenience for an extremely affordable price.
Choose the K250 if you want the flexibility to brew larger than 10 oz single servings and enjoy the additional functionality (e.g. strength control and touch display) that comes with this more advanced model.
If these models don’t look right for you, download our FREE sortable guide to every single Keurig model and find one that does.